** UPDATE: All donations to this Y Champions page are being used for Covid-19 relief right here in East Cobb. We are bagging up food for families and delivering them to provide hunger relief. We have also opened a childcare center at McCleskey for first responders kids. People who are working on the frontline have a safe place for their kids to come during the day. Please know that your donations will help the people right here in our community. Praying you are all safe and healthy! Ann
Hard to believe that I will soon be celebrating my first year back at the YMCA! It has without a doubt been an incredibly joyful year-- filled with service, community, teamwork and personal growth.
The best part of my job is getting to see the impact on the community. I was able to serve meals to kids who were out of school for the summer but needed a warm meal. I saw families join the Y through scholarships. Kids were given the opportunity to swim, go to camp and participate in sports. Seniors participated in wonderful activites got them to the Y to exercise and see their friends.
I can't say enough about how your dollars are pouring into the members of our community who need these services the most. I have a front row seat to the way lives are being changed. And now I'm asking you to please be a part of this with me. Would you please consider giving a generous donation so that we can continue to love on and serve our community?
For those of you who gave last year, I want to share some statitics with you. You donation dollars to the Why It Matters Campaign paid for:
- 120 children to practice English as a second language as they prepare to enter Kindergarten
- 360 teens were able to serve others and develop critical life and leadership skills.
- 3,997 kids had a safe, active, and fun summer at the Y day camp
- 13,290 meals were serve to childen in need through the Y
- 11,002 pounds of produce were provided to our community
- 3,158 young athletes learned life lessons on and off the field in team sports
- 2,591 kids learned life-saving water safety skills in swim lessons
- 1,756 seniors gained a sense of community and stayed active through Y programs
- $338,058 was donated to the Why It Matters Campaign for East Cobb.
Remember no one gets left out! If there is a need, we will find a way to meet it.
Would you be willing to help send a kid to camp, provide a lunch, keep a senior active with friends, or help someone who might otherwise not be able to afford a membership get healthy? Your donation can do that!
100% of every dollar donated has a lasting impact on the people of metro Atlanta by ensuring the Y’s doors are open to all – regardless of financial ability.
Any donation amount will help. Camp is just around the corner. Please, give today! Thank you