Friends and Family:
I have been a member of the Cowart Family Ashford Dunwoody YMCA for 10 years, joined the Board three years ago, and I am honored to be participating in the "Why It Matters" fundraising campaign for 2019. Before you stop reading, did you know the Y offers more than just a place for youth camps and workouts??? Learn something about the work of the Y.....I DARE YOU.....
Did you know that:
- The Cowart Family Ashford Dunwoody YMCA each month feeds over 120 families through a grant from the North Atlanta Rotary Club. We distribute eggs, milk, and healthy proteins to families and children that need help. Our goal in 2019 is to also provide 950 meals to children in need while school is out during the summer and winter breaks.
- The Metro Atlanta YMCA has over 150 teens to participate in Leadership programs throughout (My teen is included in this!)
- The Y summer camp programs serve over 450 kids each year and provide a safe environment that keep many off the streets.
- There is programming for teens and adults with disabilities
- One of four members of the Y are "on scholarship"...meaning that they don't pay membership fees, at least not in full?
Take a look at this video to see an example of the work being done by the Y.
The YMCA of Metro Atlanta makes a huge impact in our local community -- every day. Our efforts will ensure more local kids, teens, and families have access and opportunity to be a part of the Y. I am asking you to support me in my efforts to help give ALL people the opportunity to reach their full potential through Y programs.
After 160+ years of serving metro Atlanta, the Y understands what our community needs to be its best. As a charitable nonprofit, the Y relies on donors and volunteers to ensure thousands of local kids and teens have the support they need to stay on-track in school, grow as leaders, and learn how to contribute to a better community.
Every dollar donated to the WHY IT MATTERS Annual Giving Campaign has a lasting impact on the people of metro Atlanta. I hope you’ll consider supporting me in my effort to raise $2000 to support the Y’s meaningful, life-changing work. Please know that every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference.
Click the link to the right titled Donate Now to make a secure tax deductable donation to an AWESOME and MEANINGFUL organization.