It is that time of year when I solicit your financial aid in helping the YMCA of Metro Atlanta serve the community at large. I joined the Cowart YMCA board in 2017 and learned very quickly that the Y is much more than another fitness facility available for my use. Why should you help me support the Atlanta YMCA? Here are my top 5 reasons:
1. The Y helps 3,200 children prepare for Kindergarten each year at early learning sites.
2. The Y feeds 208,000 meals and snacks to kids during summer and winter breaks.
3. 13,000 kids are served each year at Y summer day camp.
4. $6 million is awarded each year in financial scholarships for families and kids that otherwise could not attend the Y
5. The Y provides these services to anyone in need, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
My goal is to raise $1,000 in addition to the $1,000 I have donated. I hope you will consider helping me reach the goal and support those families and kids whose lives are enriched by having access to the Y.