As many of you know, the YMCA of Metro Atlanta has had a huge impact on my life for almost 20 years. I've been honored to serve the Y in many capacities including as an employee, a volunteer coach for Jordan's soccer teams, and now as a Board member of the Cowart Family YMCA. Over the years my family has also received many benefits through our facility membership, including countless hours at the pool, free childwatch when the kids were younger, summer camp, soccer, basketball, Jordan's 4th b-day party and shooting hoops with Eliza during open gym - all of that in addition to the great workout facilities. I truly don't know what I would have done without the Y! As a result, I am passionate about helping others have access to this amazing family resource. The YMCA provides scholarships to 1 out of every 4 kids - you never know which ones, and that's how it should be! That's what your donation does.
I hope you’ll consider supporting me in my effort to raise $4,000 to support the Y’s meaningful, life-changing work. Your gift will truly make a difference in the lives of those who need the Y most. Please know that every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference. And I've made it easy by donating the first $3,000 myself - so I just need your help for the last $1,000!
Every dollar donated to the WHY IT MATTERS Annual Giving Campaign has a lasting impact on people of all ages ensuring no one is turned away from the Y. I'm proud to be a Y Champion in order to ensure more kids, teens, families and senior adults have access and the opportunity to be a part of a Christian based organization where they can feel safe, learn, grow, and build friendships regardless of age.
Still need more reasons "Y" you should support? Learn some of the good work we do every day…I DARE YOU…
Why should you support the YMCA?
- a Christian based charitable nonprofit organization
- relies on donors and volunteers to ensure thousands of local kids and teens have the support they need to stay on-track in school, grow as leaders, and learn how to contribute to a better community
- programs and goals stem from the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
Want a sample of the programs offered?
- early learning programs and after school care
- teen leadership programs
- youth swim lessons/team
- youth soccer and basketball
- group health and fitness programs
- summer camp/school holiday camp
- adult pickle ball
- personal coaching
Why are sports programs valuable?
- instill valuable lessons in sportsmanship
- teach conditioning and motor skills
- how to be a part of something greater than yourself – a team
- winning and losing gracefully
- striving to improve and never quitting
- putting forth all of your effort and helping teammates learn new skills
What does your money provide?
- over 400 kids to participate in summer camp
- opportunities for 54 teens and adults with disabilities
- over 100 teens to participate in Leader’s Club
- served 4,300 healthy lunches to under-privileged children during school breaks
- scholarships for 1 in 4 child participants
Click the link to the right titled Donate Now to make a secure tax deductable donation to an AWESOME and MEANINGFUL organization.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.