The Y = #MORETHANAGYM
I wasn’t a YMCA kid growing up, but I was a kid who loved to swim, play sports and spend time with my friends, but… isn’t that most kids?
For some kids, it is harder to gain those opportunities, which is one of the many reasons I think the YMCA is a great organization to support. It is SO MUCH more than a GYM!
I bet you didn’t know that in 2019:
• 2,591 kids learned water safety skills through the Y’s swim lessons
• 120 preschoolers practiced English through the Y’s Little School program in preparation for Kindergarten
• Families in Cobb County food deserts were given 11,002 LBS of fresh fruits and vegetables through the Y’s Farm Fresh markets
• 13,290 meals were donated, packed at the Y and delivered to children during Cobb School breaks
YMCAs in East Cobb prepare and deliver 300+ lunches each day of school breaks. Liam and I love to help distribute these lunches to kids that would maybe not have lunch for the day without this program. Your donation can ensure fewer kids go hungry!
$25: Sponsors 1 child for 5 days
$50: Sponsors 2 children for 5 days
$100: Sponsors 4 children for 5 days
$250: Sponsors 1 day at one Lunch site (50 kids)
• 3,997 kids were sponsored for summer camps at the Y through donation $$
• 1,756 seniors stayed active and gained a sense of community through YMCA programs
One of the big questions people have is – people pay a membership to join the Y – doesn’t that cover all the outreach programs above? The answer is NO. The membership fees cover all the facility and staff expenses, but the community programs above are funded via the community and grants.
Please consider donating to this year’s campaign – no amount is too small! Don’t forget if you company does matching donations as well.